Increased physical activity does not have to mean a daily exercise class. In fact, daily movement can look many ways: dance in the kitchen with a loved one, play with your children in the park, go for a dip in the pool with friends, explore nearby green spaces and trails, etc.
Below is a list of local resources to get you started on moving your way:
- Austin Parks and Recreation Department
- Nature Rocks Austin – Children in Nature Collaborative of Austin
- Texas Children in Nature Network – Top Places to Spend Time in Nature
- Stronger Austin – Free Exercise Classes Created for Texans by Texans
- United Way for Greater Austin – ConnectATX