Did you know that even things that don’t look like exercise can count toward your daily physical activity? The real bonus is that increasing your daily physical activity can give you immediate rewards, such as:
- Lifting your mood;
- Helping you sleep better; and
- Improving your focus
Over time, your increased movement will pay off by:
- Improving your mental health;
- Helping you manage your weight;
- Strengthening your bones and muscles; and
- Decreasing your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and hypertension
The plan recommendations and/or the executive summary can be read on SpeakUp Austin.
HOW MUCH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS ENOUGH?
Do you know how much physical activity you should be getting? Check out:
CDC Recommendations on Physical Activity
KNOW THE BENEFITS
COMMON BENEFITS OF EXERCISE
- Increases energy
- Improves memory
- Improves sleep
- Improves mood
- Decreases weight
- Decreases osteoporosis, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and some cancers and much more!